First Tee Northern Nevada Annual Campaign
When Reno visionaries such as Phil Rose, John Sande III and Bob Sader founded First Tee Northern Nevada in 2001, they set their sights on bringing the great game of golf and its inherent values to the young people in the community. The First Tee teaches our youth Nine Core Values* honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, confidence, courtesy, respect, responsibility, perseverance, and judgment through the game of golf and changes lives. Its impact is truly inspiring. Seeing firsthand what young people from any economic background can achieve when simply offered an opportunity is precisely why I continue to support this amazing program.
Over 20,000 students participate in Northern Nevada annually through our programming and Washoe County School District partner sites. We are currently implementing strategies to broaden our reach through additional partnerships with after-school providers. In 2017 and 2018, the program expanded to low income areas around Northern Nevada and we look forward to bringing First Tee Life Skills Curriculum to multiple school districts in Northern Nevada this coming year. The overall effectiveness of First Tee has been profound both locally and nationally:
• 72% of Northern Nevada participants receive financial assistance for programming
• No young person is ever turned away for financial reasons
• 96% of participant students list attending a four-year college as a personal goal
• Annually participants attend opportunities like The First Tee Open at Pebble Beach
• Nationally, 85% of teens and alumni credit The First Tee for helping them become better students
• 90% of national alumni consider themselves lifelong golfers
•91% of national alumni engaged in community service while at the First Tee
• Nationally, 7.8 million students participated in the First Tee in 2018
There is no greater reward than watching our young people realize that others want to open a whole new world to them. Thank you for your consideration in supporting our efforts. Because of your commitment, we can further our mission. Your contribution will be critical to reaching our goals and providing opportunities for the youth we serve.
We are grateful for your anticipated support!