At First Tee – Northern Nevada, we’re Building Game Changers by empowering kids and teens to be the best version of themselves.
By seamlessly integrating the game of golf with character-building, we create learning experiences that help kids uncover their inner strength, self-confidence, and resilience that they can carry to everything they do.
Our trained coaches not only provide an introduction to junior golf and an opportunity to enhance golf skills, but they also create a safe, supportive, and empowering environment to help your child prepare for life ahead, including friendships, school, college and even their careers.
Through our program, kids will learn skills that stay with them for life:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
- Golf fundamentals and advanced techniques
Advancing through the Program
At each age group, participants engage with the 5 Key Commitments: Pursuing Goals, Growing through Challenge, Collaborating with Others, Building Positive Self-Identity, and Using Good Judgement, while focusing on mastering golf fundamentals and building upon a golf skill foundation as they advance within the program.
Age 5-6 (Tiny Tees)
- Once-weekly classes are designed to instill curiosity and enthusiasm for the game with age-appropriate activities.
- This is a very active and fun class with lots of doing and very little talking.
- Be active and have fun with peers in a safe and encouraging manner
- Build inner strength and self-confidence
- Learn to play golf
- Focus on building relationships with other players while exploring the game of golf
- Explore character concepts in active and collaborative ways that are valuable on and off the course
- Develop golf skills and enthusiasm for the game
- Support positive Game Changing behaviors in fun and meaningful ways
- Explore both golf skills and character commitments while having fun with peers
- Provide opportunities to demonstrate mastery and growth in golf skills and abilities
- Support the growth and development of early adolescents
- Build character and support personal development
- Develop additional golf skills and abilities
- Look toward their future and plan their own paths
- Evaluate, reflect, and apply their understanding of life and golf skills to new situations on and off the course
The 2024 Class Schedule is listed under the Register My Child on the top right of the website.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
HOW TO REGISTER
- Select the Class Listings/Registration button on the top right of the website.
- Select the ‘Login’ button in the top section of the page. You can see the class options without logging in; however, you will not be able to register for any classes without first logging in. Login to your account or create a new account.
- Once logged in, select the participant you want to register and choose a session to add to your cart. We provide clubs in class if you need a set of clubs for your participant.
- Go to your cart and follow the prompts to complete your registration. If you need financial assistance, complete the financial aid section during the registration process (see in sections below).
You will be asked about your financial aid status during the online registration process. Once you submit your request and are approved, you will receive an approval email and will have 48 hours to complete your registration.